Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Worm Composting..

Ever hear about worm composting? Well yesterday while I was browsing around about recycling, I saw something about worm composting. I am very interested in it as it seem that worm can cut down waste that we have at home.Cut down waste means less money spents on throwing garbage and creating less carbon gassess..

I am seriously looking into doing this as it would benefit me more.. The bins that are sold on-line cost a pretty penny but I read that i would pay for itself... I go fishings quite a bit and that means i could use some of these worms for fishing and not waste money!!..

My Idea was that instead of buying the "worm factory" for almost $100, I would try to built one.. Hmm.. I don't know if it is going to work. If I don't try I won't even know. I am going to built the worm composter using planting totes as you can get this at the local garden center and it would be cheap and save money.

The next thing to think about is the worms.. I am not to sure where to get them. I read that not all worms can do compost.. Its only the red wriggler and some english nightcrawlers.. I think.. I might have to find them online or something.

I might give the freecycle group a try and see if anyone there is doing worm composting and maybe they could part with some worms for me.. Its just and idea.. I think by me doing this worm compost I would be able to used the little cute wormy to compost my important mail and junk mail and also scraps from the kitchen.. Yum!

This will be an on-going project for me as I am leaving for Houston, Texas this friday. Vacation for me and another day and thought about my worm compost idea....

No comments: